Per DoDI 6055.17, Sect 5, Para 5.5.c(1) “All DoD military and civilian personnel and contract support personnel whose normal place of duty is on a DoD installation or within a DoD facility… must ensure that their personal contact information, including after-duty hours contact information as appropriate (e.g. personal cellular phone numbers or landline phone numbers numbers), email addresses, home address, etc., are entered into the Mass Warning and Notification (AtHoc) system and regularly updated or verified every 90 days to remain current and accurate.”
AtHoc allows for registered users (military and dependents) to receive emergency notification alerts through their work computer and AtHoc cellphone app. To receive notifications using AtHoc, sponsors much first register themselves and their dependents on a MCEN or Common Access Card computer by following the below steps.
UPDATING ATHOC PROFILE INFORMATION and dependents
Personnel must use their Common Access Card to update personal information. Personnel need to select the appropriate command and installation where they are assigned, as well as provide valid phone numbers and email addresses.
Personnel are required to also add dependent information if applicable, including all contact methods for each dependent.
To update your information:
1. Right click on the white globe with purple ring located in your bottom right task bar of your work computer.
2. Choose "Access Self Service."
3. Go to "My Profile" tab and click "Edit" in the top right hand corner.
4. Under "My Profile" enter your user information. At a minimum, you should have your work phone, mobile phone and text messaging; the last two fields will be where you add your government cell phone number (if applicable). It is highly recommended you add your dependents' numbers and a personal email address as well.
OCONUS/MCIPAC link: https://alerts1.mcdsjp.mcds.usmc.mil/SelfService/MCIPAC
For more information about the AtHoc Enterprise Mass Notification System, please visit: https://www.ready.marines.mil/Stay-Informed/Emergency-Actions/Marine-Corps-Mass-Notification-System/Enterprise-Mass-Notification-System-eMNS/
ATHOC MOBILE APPLICATION ENROLLMENT
Scan the QR code on the resource tree and follow the instructions below!
Application for Android: BlackBerry AtHoc - Apps on Google Play
Application for IPhone: BlackBerry AtHoc on the App Store (apple.com)
1. Install Blackberry AtHoc App
2. Allow notifications
3.“Registration” window will appear, use REGISTERED email address and click ”Continue”
4.“Add Organization” window should appear. Enter Organization Code: MCIPAC
5. Validate email address by clicking on link in email sent from AtHoc App using mobile device
6. “Open this page in AtHoc Notifier” message will appear, click “Open”
If you have any questions or issues while signing up for AtHoc please reach out to MCIPAC_EM@usmc.mil
If you are stationed on Okinawa, please reach out to MCBButler_EM@usmc.mil